Sunday, October 26, 2008

Those eyes

This isn't exactly relevant
Or even really significant
But I felt a need to say this
To let it be known, even if nobody reads it
That it was happening again
It seemed to go downhill
Just like it did last time
Except this time he cracked the walls a little more
And I fell into his arms
He whispered words
He said he'll never leave
He'll hang on
If I'm willing to do the same
In that one moment, I wondered if this will last forever
Because at that moment
I almost believed that it could

But forever is a long time
And a long time away
Especially when you compare it to today
And right now
So that thought can rest for now

I'm not going to say this is a love story
Or true love
Nor destiny, or fate
But I will say
That is is the closest I've ever come to all of them

No comments: